Janet Bauer is the founder and program manager of I’m A Great Child Worldwide. This nonprofit has brought the What’s Great About You program to more than sixty organizations and taught concepts to teachers, parents, caregivers, and nonprofit staffs. All proceeds from the sales of the book will benefit I’m A Great Child Worldwide, a fiscally sponsored project of United Charitable Programs, a 501(c)(3) public charity.
What’s Great About You! For All Children in the World
In every child there lies a seed of greatness. What if you could draw out the best in your children and help that seed grow? What if they could recognize it for themselves and see the good qualities in others? The What’s Great About YouÂ® program began in the United States and has been taught to thousands of children in five countries, empowering them to change their lives on their own initiative.
Ideas and activities from this program are now presented in a book that children can easily understand and use alone, or with the guidance of adults in class or at home.
- Focusing on their natural strengths, this book offers fun and thought-provoking ways for children to discover specifically what makes them great.
- Writing and drawing activities allow them to explore their talents, dreams for their future, and more.
- Stories written by children in Africa who positively transformed their lives while facing enormous challenges are inspiring to read.
- A poem and a list for every day encourage children to remember and use what they learned.
- The importance of seeing and respecting what’s great in others is emphasized throughout.
- Tips for teachers, parents, and caring adults explain how to use this colorfully illustrated book with youth ages 6 to 17.