The super, simple secret to getting more exposure for your book…
Here it is in a nutshell:
Comment on blogs in your niche.
You see, the way to build a new audience for your book is to go where that audience is already congregating and enter into the conversation.
Ask yourself these two simple questions.
- Who do you want to know you?
- Who do you want to follow you?
Now look around for blogs with those types of avid followers. Start commenting on their blog posts. When possible, try to comment as soon as the post goes live so that your comments are at the top of the list to get greater exposure.
Make sure your comment adds some spark and sparkle to the conversation. Don’t steal the light of the blogger with your own amazing story but rather highlight what they have said and offer positive feedback with sincerity.
Here are 3 powerful reasons to leave comments on other blogs:
- Many blogs let you share your website URL. That means that you add a new incoming link to your site, which is important for your Google ranking. Sites with no incoming links have little credibility. Incoming links from major sites register higher than small sites and leaving a comment is an easy way to get that link.
- When you comment on an article that’s on a popular site, your comment exposes you to that audience. If readers like the article and like your comment … they may very well click on your link to find out more about you.
- While only one link will register for ranking, commenting multiple times will get the attention of the blog host. After 3 or 4 times your name will start to register. Keep doing it and make sure your comments offer something of value to the conversation. In time not only will the blog host come to know you but their readers will as well.
If you’re an author and feel stuck in your book marketing, get a jump start by learning about the best and latest book marketing strategies in the Authors Academy.