Bruce W. Bytnar
A Park Ranger’s Life: Thirty-two Years Protecting Our National Parks
What is a park ranger’s life?
- A wild bear who favors Kentucky Fried Chicken
- A fugitive wanted in eight states
- A dog that saves his owner’s life
- Wildland firefighters battling nature and fire
- A ghost haunting a colonial mansion
- Hikers who stay lost because they think searchers calling their names are wild animals
- Being willing to risk your life to make our parks safe and help preserve them for the future
These are just a few experiences you will read about in A Park Ranger’s Life. Drawn from the thirty-two-year career of National Park Ranger Bruce W. Bytnar, you will discover what it takes to be a park ranger, what threats to visitors and resources they deal with on a daily basis, and what you can do to help protect and preserve our national heritage.